[Nottingham] Geographical independence of electronic commuincation

Cam camilo at mesias.co.uk
Fri Nov 4 10:52:01 GMT 2005

Duncan

> Simple question really,
> Of the list members who have no interest in the geographically based LUG activities
> why do you feel Nottingham LUG is/was/could be a better place to hang out and talk Linux than
> one (or all) of the many news groups (uk.comp.os.linux, comp.os.*, etc) or any other LUG for that matter ?

Simple answer, while I'm not close enough to participate as a matter of
course, if there was an exceptionally interesting event I might be able
to attend. Apart from that I sometimes help people if I can and I'd
prefer to help local people. The wider newsgroups can be noisy and don't
really have a sense of community, compared to a local lug.

-Cam

--
camilo at mesias.co.uk                                                 <--