[Nottingham] Geographical independence of electronic commuincation

Martin Garton martin at stupids.org
Fri Nov 4 10:44:55 GMT 2005

> Of the list members who have no interest in the geographically based LUG activities
> why do you feel Nottingham LUG is/was/could be a better place to hang out and talk Linux than
> one (or all) of the many news groups (uk.comp.os.linux, comp.os.*, etc) or any other LUG for that matter ?

These days, I think most would agree that I am a LUG meet regular. A few
years ago though before I have ever attended a meeting, I joined the
mailing list first just to keep up with what was going on.  I wanted to
know not just what events or meeting subjects were coming up, but also
to get some idea of the kind of people I would be likely to meet there.

--
Martin.