[Nottingham] Response on awareness day

Godfrey Nix godfrey at gnnix.co.uk
Fri Nov 4 23:31:48 GMT 2005

On Thu, 2005-11-03 at 00:45 +0000, Martin wrote:
> Michael Simms wrote:
> > Well, greetings to all LUG members.
> >
> > I'm sorry, but this email is not going to be a nice one.
>
> And sorry, I think Michael is being far too nice and British.
>

> Well folks, I've already had alternative fireworks earlier this evening
> so I'm more than happy to add to a PISSED-OFF RANT!
>
> We're going to make the Awareness Days work regardless because a very
> small few of us do care.
>
> The rest of you freeloaders are welcome to passively free-load.

I would love to support the Awareness weekend, but cannot get the Friday
off work. I have Saturday 5th marked on the family calendar for some
time, but then I found it was a mistake and the event is on the 12th.
Sorry, that is the one Saturday in the whole of the next two months that
I have a prior engagement.

I spend my time supporting Linux (work, school, family and friends) just
that very little of it is on the list.

My non-appearance at evening meetings is down to the problem of getting
a train from Lincoln where I work, to Nottingham where I live.
Anyone work at Central trains? Please get a train from Lincoln between
5.45 (too close to work end to get it reliably) and 7.35pm (too late to
get to activities) !! And please dont keep cancelling the trains at 5
minutes notice!

If that makes me a freeloader then so be it.
--
Godfrey Nix <godfrey at gnnix.co.uk>