[Nottingham] Apache Questions + Logwatch

Graeme Fowler graeme at graemef.net
Mon Nov 14 10:03:25 GMT 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-14 at 09:44 +0000, Mike Haber wrote:
> This just seem to serve users pages with the ~. I want to server users pages with or without the ~. Preferably with a one-liner in httpd.conf :-)

Lookup the "AliasMatch" directive. You can quite sweetly remove the ~
from a URL of form http://www.blah.tld/~username/whatever/path/you/like/
with that.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/urlmapping.html

> I could change the detail so the emails are smaller, but I'd like to keep the detail the same, just not have truncated emails from logwatch :-) It's the bit thats been truncated that's gonna be really important.....

I'm not sure I get this - you're saying that the emails themselves are
truncated, or that logwatch is truncating its' reports? If the former
then you have a real problem with your SMTP server (or something which
is pumping data into it, perhaps via a pipe into the binary in the case
of a cron job), if the latter there's probably a config option somewhere
which is doing it.

Graeme