[Nottingham] Fetchmail for forwarding - a better way?

Michael Erskine msemtd at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Nov 14 10:43:27 GMT 2005

On Monday 14 November 2005 09:54, Martin wrote:
> One method is just to use aliases in postfix if you have that running.
>
> In fact, that is all that the geeks list is from a very quick kludge
> some time ago. Fetchmail -> postfix and then postfix does all the work.

Hmm, I have no (reliable) local smtp server: I want to forward the mail to
recipients back at our ISP's smtp server. So far I have an untested
fetchmailrc that goes...

defaults no fetchall keep
poll mail.ourISP.co.uk
    protocol POP3 username thisabsentuser password theirpassword
    smtphost mail.ourISP.co.uk user thisabsentuser password theirpassword

...but of course I want to forward these to some specific recipients (also at
our ISP). Any ideas?

Regards,
Michael Erskine.

--