[Nottingham] Fetchmail for forwarding - a better way?

Michael Erskine msemtd at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Nov 14 13:34:47 GMT 2005

On Monday 14 November 2005 10:39, Michael Erskine wrote:
> Hmm, I have no (reliable) local smtp server: I want to forward the mail to
> recipients back at our ISP's smtp server. So far I have an untested
> fetchmailrc that goes...
>
> defaults no fetchall keep
> poll mail.ourISP.co.uk
>     protocol POP3 username thisabsentuser password theirpassword
>     smtphost mail.ourISP.co.uk user thisabsentuser password theirpassword
>
> ...but of course I want to forward these to some specific recipients (also
> at our ISP). Any ideas?

OK, I have added a line that allows forwarding to a single recipient...

    smtpname whoever at wherever.com

...but multiple entries of this line just force the last one to be used so it
looks like I'd have to get on the daunting learning curve for procmail
configuration too!

Regards,
Michael Erskine.

--
Going to church does not make a person religious, nor does going to school
make a person educated, any more than going to a garage makes a person a car.