[Nottingham] Linux Media PC

Matt nottlug at spandex.nildram.co.uk
Sat Oct 1 19:25:07 BST 2005

MQ> Anyway, I wasn't prepared to pay £60 plus per nic to equip my home
MQ> network with this feature, so I looked elsewhere. eBay can be your
MQ> friend. It took a little while and I ended up with second-hand cards of
MQ> dubious history but I haven't had any problems yet.

Ah yes, it hadn't occurred to me to look for 2nd hand ones.  Thanks.

MQ> To understand some of the issues surrounding pxe, have a look at
MQ> http://syslinux.zytor.com/ the homepage of the syslinux project.
MQ> This incorporates pxelinux (amongst others) which is basically
MQ> your pxe bootloader.

Looks useful. I spent a while reading around etherboot and GRUB and
have been on a sharp learning curve the last couple of days. But as
you said, it's fun. There's something vaguely mystical about the
machine booting without having anything installed on it :)

Regards,

Matt