[Nottingham] Cybercaf?s

Johannes Kling jok at printk.net
Sun Oct 2 11:48:49 BST 2005

Hello,
> Are there some
> cybercaf?s in the city centre which she could use (with machines, not
> just wifi access)?

I'd recommend CombatStrike in the Cornerhouse. It's easy to find and,
while mostly a gaming den, is very good for web access as well. The
machines are clean and reasonably up to date and the staff are helpful
if required and leave you alone if not. Thanks to IE's "Download and
Run" feature you can install Firefox, PuTTY or whatever else floats
your boat and since their connection is good it only takes a few
minutes to convert an IE only XP machine into something vaguely
useful. Or you can just use IE and surf, of course.

I can't remember how much it is exactly, but it's something less than
2 GBP for an hour; if you use the service a lot, they offer a
membership scheme which makes it even cheaper.

Regards,
  Jo

P.S.: It's hardly a topical issue for a LUG list, but since people are
discussing certain feminist issues, may I recommend "The Pornography
of Meat" by Carol J. Adams to anyone who is unclear on what exactly
people are complaining about?

--
"I shall press on valiantly in the face of apathy!" -- cmg