[Nottingham] LAN party afterglow or aftermath?

Martin Garton martin at stupids.org
Mon Oct 10 12:06:40 BST 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-10 at 09:58 +0100, Michael Erskine wrote:

> So what would people do differently if we were to do it all over again?

> I should have put more thought into
> interesting uses of the LAN that I lugged (no pun intended) up those stairs
> as we didn't do much to saturate our LAN bandwidth.

True.  I had a couple of ideas, but since I could only make an hour or
two, I didn't get round to doing much.  (Hopefully I can make the next
one all day.)

> The venue was fine once
> we had sorted out enough power although those pub tables aren't quite wide
> enough for a full sized kb & mouse! Martin L paid for the room from the
> donations left in "the tin" and we are welcome back there. This is real good
> news as it gives us an interesting backup venue for meetings.

I think it was a really good venue for the event. I personally think we
should use it again for anything similar.  We do need to try and get
working internet access though.

--
Martin.