[Nottingham] Planet + RSS

Joshua Lock incandescant at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 14:36:58 BST 2005

paul at paulmellors.net wrote:
> It came to my attention at the NottsLUG lan party that some people would like
> the planet to have an RSS feed. Sounds like a good idea to me.

I beleive that was me :)

> Does anyone know
> how to implement the generation of a rss file from a planet generated HTML
> file?

I assumed the Planet software had an option as all of the Planet's on
the WWW (planet gnome, planet kde, planetplanet, planetsuse etc) have
several syndication options?

> Or does anyone have a script that will parse it?

Hopefully someone (Mr Ogley?) will come along and explain further if you
have no look with the Planet docs?

Regards

Josh