[Nottingham] Planet + RSS

James Ogley james at usr-local-bin.org
Sat Oct 15 10:48:28 BST 2005

> I assumed the Planet software had an option as all of the Planet's on
> the WWW (planet gnome, planet kde, planetplanet, planetsuse etc) have
> several syndication options?

Well, yes it does.  It can actually create just about any kind of file
you like containing any amount of the data in the feeds it aggregates.
Conveniently, Planet supplies four syndication options in the examples
directory: RSS 1.0/2.0, FOAF and OPML (FOAF and OPML are methods of
delivering the blogroll).

> Hopefully someone (Mr Ogley?) will come along and explain further if you
> have no look with the Planet docs?

(Hidey-ho!)

In the config.ini, add the path to rss20.xml.tmpl to the template_files
line and if you then copy the HTML file to the correct path for your
webserver, do the same with the RSS file. (its name will be rss20.xml).

James
James Ogley james at usr-local-bin.org
Packages for SUSE: http://usr-local-bin.org/rpms
Make Poverty History: http://makepovertyhistory.org