[Nottingham] Fwd: NTL broadband success

John Cremona john.cremona at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 11:51:55 BST 2005

Second attempt at posting!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: John Cremona <john.cremona at gmail.com>
Date: Oct 14, 2005 8:37 PM
Subject: NTL broadband success
To: nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk

Very sorry, but I have forgotten the name of the person with a
ponytail at the LAN meeting last Sunday.  Anyway, I was talking to him
about my imminent switch (at last) from NTL dialup to broadband, and
we thought there might be a problem with their installation CD only
running on Windows.

In the end all went very smoothly, and everything worked fine with no
problems: I did not use the NTL-provided CD at all.  If anyone is
interested I can say more! about the process   Otherwise, it's
back to wondering what more I can do with 2Mb/s instead of 5.6kb/s!

John Cremona