[Nottingham] Fwd: NTL broadband success

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Sun Oct 16 13:00:46 BST 2005

John Cremona wrote:
> Second attempt at posting!

I got the first posting ok.

Sorry, looks like noone was enthused to comment further.

We can guess who that one is ;-)

> about my imminent switch (at last) from NTL dialup to broadband, and
> we thought there might be a problem with their installation CD only
> running on Windows.

So long as you have the registration details, you get steered to the
registration page regardless of what OS and browser you use.

> In the end all went very smoothly, and everything worked fine with no
> problems: I did not use the NTL-provided CD at all.  If anyone is
> interested I can say more! about the process   Otherwise, it's
> back to wondering what more I can do with 2Mb/s instead of 5.6kb/s!

Good stuff and good to have seen you at the LAN meet. (I'm sure your
modem was doing 56kbits or more likely 48kbits :-P

There's http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/index.html
that is a wealth of NTL info. You could offer any Linux specific hints
'n' tips and we could put them up on the NLUG website also. (Revamp in
progress on there, hint hint ;-) )

Enjoy the faster web response!

Welcome to the group.

martin at ml1.co.uk