[Nottingham] Surreal 'discussion' #2

Simon flibble at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 19:51:29 BST 2005

On 10/17/05, Martin <martin at ml1.co.uk> wrote:
> Errk... I seem to be doing well this week for 'oddities'...
>
> I've just been phoned by a call centre person (ccp) from my very
> friendly telco. After the general preamble from which the ccp is already
> slightly derailed by my first checking their authenticity:
>
> ccp:    ... And have you got our digital TV service?
>
> me:     No, I don't have a TV.
>
> ccp:    What?! You don't have no TV?
>
> me:     Indeed, I have no TV.
>
> ccp:    *GOD* ! What's that like?!!!
>
> me:     Rather good. I have no interest in the likes of Eastenders or whatever.

I also have no TV. And life is rather good without one. I can spend
time doing the more important things like computing and my girlfriend.
When there is something on TV that I really have to see (which isn't
often), then Bittorrent is my friend. But 99.9% of stuff I download
from that are American TV shows anyway.

Simon