[Nottingham] [Talk] ***TODAY*** Wed 19/10/2005 Voice over IP {ML}

ForkBombFluf fluf at freeshell.org
Sat Oct 22 17:27:28 BST 2005

On Sat, 22 Oct 2005, Martin wrote:

> Devin Giddings wrote:
>> On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 07:11:50PM +0100, David Aldred wrote:
>>
>>> Shall I throw together a little web survey to gather a few stats?  Say
> [---]
>>
>> Favourite colour?
>> Mother's maiden name?
>> Name of first pet?
>
> NOT A GOOD IDEA!
>
> Those items are sometimes used as "security checks" when suffering call
> centres service for telephone 'whatever'.
>
> The other stuff could be a giggle,
>
> Cheers,
> Martin

Surely thats why he said it?  (I thought it was funny, anyway....)

My impression was that Devin was satirically trying to point out that some
of the questions might be a bit personal for general internet consumption,
which I can appreciate.  Maybe a section of the LUG's website could be
restricted to "members" only, to allow exchange of slightly more personal
information in a somewhat more secure manner.  Just my 2 cents (I know,
its less than 2p nowadays!)

Cheers,

-Stef