[Nottingham] NottsLUG forums.

Robert Hart enxrah at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Oct 27 10:53:14 BST 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 08:47 +0100, paul at paulmellors.net wrote:
> know people work and have lifes [spelling?] outside of the group, but apart

That would be "lives" I think - don't you just love British spelling.
I'm guessing it's one of those Saxon irregular plurals like, leaf and
leaves, loaf and loaves, child and children, linux box and linux
boxen. ;-)

I think the main issue is different people have different needs from a
group like this, and different things they want to put into it too.

Personally although some people would prefer a "forum" over a mailing
list I can't see it catching on because there just aren't enough people
to give it a critical mass. I'm willing to be proved wrong of course -
the "meet" part of the LUG and "mailing list" part of the LUG do seem to
have evolved separate identities and participation, so maybe there's a
whole bunch of people out there just waiting for this?

Rob

--
Robert Hart <enxrah at nottingham.ac.uk>
University of Nottingham