[Nottingham] Connect 3D Radeon 7000 AGP and Five Button Mouse info

Dominic dominic at robothell.co.uk
Thu Oct 27 17:11:19 BST 2005

> I have a Mercury 5 Button Optical Scroll Mouse that I have set up as a
> three button scroll mouse, is there anyway to use the other two
> currently unused buttons working under linux. I have used all five
> buttons under Bindows 98 Stupid Edition (yes I do hate Microbe Softie)
> so I know they work correctly using the supplied Bindows program.
> Thank's for any help you can give on these matters.

Hi Tony

I use a little app called evrouter
(http://www.bedroomlan.org/~alexios/coding_evrouter.html) to make the
extra buttons on my mouse (as well as all the media keys on my keyboard)
do something useful.  It's reasonably easy to set up a basic set of
instructions and is fairly flexible.  One of the best features is that
it can perform different actions depending on which window is in focus.

cheers

Dominic