[Nottingham] how to get a message to a remote user

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Thu Oct 27 21:21:32 BST 2005

Tom Tumelty wrote:

At 03:20 in the morning!!!

> Can anyone direct me to information about sending messages from an
> application running on a Linux box to a website ?

Sounds like scripting or programming is required. Choose your favourite.

Slightly differently, I'm working on something similar but using snmp
and mrtg (for status reporting on a website).

> Then sending message from a website to a remote device such as a cell
> phone, or pager, etc..  ?

Simply mail directly to a gateway? There are various providers for this.

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Tom Tumelty
>
> tel: 940-627-3685

OK, so transcontinental remote over in the USA. :-)

Let us know what you work out.

martin at ml1.co.uk