[Nottingham] Local newsserver and moderated groups

David Aldred david at familyaldred.org.uk
Sat Sep 3 12:27:44 BST 2005

On Saturday 03 Sep 2005 09:45, David Aldred wrote:
> NTL's news server being pretty hopeless with moderated groups (about 1 in 5
> messages seems to get treated correctly), I thought I'd install a local
> newsserver which would avoid this issue and also serve other machines on
> the home network.

..answering my own question.....

I put a request on the leafnode mailing list for consideration of a feature
allowing direct posting to moderation addresses for moderated groups - and
got the answer 'try leafnode2 alpha'.  It seems to work - unless it's not
working and the NTL server suddenly is!

It needs telling manually about moderation addresses for each moderated group,
which no doubt will be improved, but it looks good at the moment!

--
David Aldred