[Nottingham] Mandriva & NTL Cable modem

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Mon Sep 5 10:40:37 BST 2005

Tony Shaw wrote:
[---]
> If have now problems during setup, all of my computers hardware is
> detected fine but for some reason the cable modem is not found. I have
> had the NTL modem for over two years so it could something to do with
> the old modem. MDK9.2 work with it as dose all versions of windows even
> XP and Longhorn.

After installation, you should be able to specify what interface your
cable modem is on from the Mandriva Control Centre. Look under setting
up network connections and follow the wizardry thing.

At worst, you can install the dhcp-client and add the ifcg-eth* file
yourself.

Just as a check, what does "ifconfig" list for you?

martin at ml1.co.uk