[Nottingham] NottsLUG Website revamp

Michael Erskine msemtd at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Sep 9 13:45:55 BST 2005

On Friday 09 September 2005 13:08, Matt wrote:
> ME> Yup - and it's a fine stereotype (as far as stereotypes go).
>
> Sure, if you *are* Comic Book Guy.
>
> And you could depict Tux as a pill-popping raver in a jesters hat,
> with a huge joint dangling out of his little penguin mouth... and this
> would seem fine to a sizable section of the population. But it would
> be massively offputting to an even larger section.

Perhaps I should have explained a little more: if people want to assume from
the logo that we drink, wear Robin Hood costumes, or are fat penguins, then
they are free to do so. Some of us are as geeky as Comic Book Guy - I
hesitate to say that some of us might even look like him ;-)

Regards,
Michael Erskine.
Defender of the proposed image
--
When a man steals your wife, there is no better revenge than to let him
keep her.