[Nottingham] NottsLUG Website revamp

Matt nottlug at spandex.nildram.co.uk
Fri Sep 9 13:13:19 BST 2005

>> Personally, I have a hairy face and spend too much time in my
>> local... but there's something about the "penguin with beer" that
>> screams "Comic Book Guy" to me :)

ME> Yup - and it's a fine stereotype (as far as stereotypes go).

Sure, if you *are* Comic Book Guy.

And you could depict Tux as a pill-popping raver in a jesters hat,
with a huge joint dangling out of his little penguin mouth... and this
would seem fine to a sizable section of the population. But it would
be massively offputting to an even larger section.

I don't care about the logo that much tbh so I should probably butt
out.. but to me it seems that the stuff about advocacy and
inclusiveness doesn't really fit with the logo's implication that "We
are real-ale drinkers". And I'm enough like Comic Book Guy myself that
I'm unable to resist being pedantic about this.

ME> Message to all: produce something better and we'll use it ;)

Yeh.. that's where my argument stops cos it's beyond me.. so I'll
shutup :)

Regards,

Matt