[Nottingham] Postfix problem...

David Aldred david at familyaldred.org.uk
Sun Sep 11 19:41:17 BST 2005

On Sunday 11 Sep 2005 19:25, Simon Amor wrote:
> I must admit I've not been following this thread (using exim on
> pretty much all the machines
> I use) but it looks to me like it can't resolve the domain name.
>
> $ host -t mx aldred.org
> aldred.org mail is handled by 0 aldred.org.
> $ host aldred.org
> aldred.org has address 83.223.116.20
>
> Works ok for me, can you resolve the domain and MX records ok on the
> machine that's giving the bounce?

I get exactly the same results as you do - so domain name tracing doesn't seem
to be the problem.

> Failing that, have you tried strace to see exactly what the postfix
> processes are doing?

I have to say that, even having had a look at the man pages, I really don't
know what command to use!

What do I feed to strace to find out how postfix is handling mail?   strace
postfix just tells me how postfix handles an incorrect call!

--
David Aldred