[Nottingham] Re: Nottingham Digest, Vol 104, Issue 3

David Aldred david at familyaldred.org.uk
Wed Sep 14 17:26:43 BST 2005

On Wednesday 14 Sep 2005 10:18, Simon Amor wrote:
> As for top posting, I quite often do it because it's quicker if I've
> just got to rattle off a 1 line response.

After years of using graphical mail clients (the excellent Turnpike when using
Windows, now the nearly as good KMail within Kontact), while reading mail I
now habitually highlight any bit I think I may want to respond to - then
hitting 'reply' brings up a reply window with the quote nicely snipped out
and the cursor below it for a bottom-posted reply.   If there's more than one
bit I wnat to reply to, it's no longer a 1-line response anyway!

I tend to do this at work, using an antique version of MS Exchange.  It does't
have the desired effect there!

--
David Aldred