[Nottingham] (K)Ubuntu CDROM spindown - how?

Paul Sladen notlug at paul.sladen.org
Fri Sep 16 16:04:04 BST 2005

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005, Michael Erskine wrote:

Hello Michael,

> Kubuntu Hoary: CDROM is noisy when inserted and untidy when ejected :)
> How does one ask for the CDROM drive to spin down when not in use?

My hunch would be 'hal' monitoring the drive for insertion/changes
---constant spinning shouldn't be happening.  Can you post a bug on:

  http://bugzilla.ubuntu.com/

along with details on the make/model of the laptop and which K/Ubuntu
version you installed?

	-Paul
--
The summer is familiar here.  Edinburgh, GB