[Nottingham] LAN/Fix-it Party DAY Sun 9th Oct 2005

Robert Hart enxrah at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Sep 26 16:09:56 BST 2005

On Sun, 2005-09-25 at 20:17 +0100, Martin wrote:

> Bring yourselves and your bits. Or just bring yourselves to see people
> and distros and games at play.

Is anybody doing any home-recording studio type stuff on linux? It's one
of my long term aims once I can afford an amp with a line out and/or a
decent sound-card.

I had a brief look at audacity and rosegarden, but to be honest I got a
bit lost. No idea if my soundcard supports full-duplex or MIDI, and what
magic combination of acronyms is required to get it all working
(OSS/ALSA/JACK/gstreamer)

Rob

--
Robert Hart <enxrah at nottingham.ac.uk>