[Nottingham] CD burning woes

Godfrey Nix godfrey at gnnix.co.uk
Thu Sep 29 22:34:51 BST 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-29 at 09:46, Martin Garton wrote:
> a) you used the "-pad" option of cdrecord when burning them.
>
> OR
>
> b) ide-scsi is used to perform the mediacheck (which for fc4, it is not
> I believe)
>
> You may be able to force ide-scsi by using booting with "hdc=scsi" or
> similar (I can't remember the syntax because I haven't used it for ages)

Aha. Now I remember what I had to do to install Fedora core 1.

linux   ide=nodma

Thats done the trick. All the disks that failed media check are now
reporting as 'PASS'. Grrr, wasted 12 CDs because I thought them faulty
and threw in the bin

Watch this space - more news later. Just off to run the upgrade now!

Thanks for the help.

Regards

Godfrey