[Nottingham] Show of hands for tonight's talk

Duncan John Fyfe djf at star.le.ac.uk
Wed Apr 5 10:00:41 BST 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-05 at 08:44 +0100, paul at paulmellors.net wrote:
> Sorry Chaps
>
> I'm not going to be able to make tonight, somethings come up.
>
> I dont suppose anyone is going to be videoing this talk?  I would be nice to
> have a theora video of the event.

I'm going to try.  I have my digital camera (it can do either
640x480 at 15fps OR 320x240@>15fps) and tripod.  The problem is battery
life and memory (only 1GB).  I have 3 sets of batteries with me so we
may need a few brief adbreaks as I juggle the camera/memory
card/batteries.

The camera can take a 3V power supply but I don't have one.
It has a 3.5mm(?) VIDEO-out jack to connect to the VIDEO-in + audio of a
TV/Video.  This would be perfect if only I had a way of connecting to to
my laptop.
Does anyone have suitable gizmos that might help here ?

PS. I've tried using the cameras USB socket to take video from the
camera but it seems you can either download pictures OR take pictures
but not both together.

Have fun,
Duncan

--