[Nottingham] Show of hands for tonight's talk

Martin Garton martin at stupids.org
Wed Apr 5 10:44:31 BST 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-05 at 10:00 +0100, Duncan John Fyfe wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-04-05 at 08:44 +0100, paul at paulmellors.net wrote:
> > Sorry Chaps
> >
> > I'm not going to be able to make tonight, somethings come up.
> >
> > I dont suppose anyone is going to be videoing this talk?  I would be nice to
> > have a theora video of the event.
> >

> I'm going to try.  I have my digital camera (it can do either
> 640x480 at 15fps OR 320x240@>15fps) and tripod.  The problem is battery
> life and memory (only 1GB).  I have 3 sets of batteries with me so we
> may need a few brief adbreaks as I juggle the camera/memory
> card/batteries.
>
> The camera can take a 3V power supply but I don't have one.
> It has a 3.5mm(?) VIDEO-out jack to connect to the VIDEO-in + audio of a
> TV/Video.  This would be perfect if only I had a way of connecting to to
> my laptop.
> Does anyone have suitable gizmos that might help here ?

I can't help with that, but I do have a mini-dv camera somewhere that I
can try to bring along.

If its just going to be a case of setting up and leaving it running
throughout then I don't mind bringing it.  It can run off mains so there
should be no problems there.  It can record for about an hour on each
tape IIRC. (hmm. I wonder if I have any tapes anywhere.)

Converting to theora afterwards should not be a problem.

Anyway, if I can dig it out it in time, I'll bring it along as a backup.

--
Martin.