[Nottingham] NTL Nottingham cable broadband changes?

Graeme Fowler graeme at graemef.net
Wed Apr 5 10:19:03 BST 2006

On 05/04/2006 10:12, Michael Erskine wrote:
> Anybody else on NTL cable broadband in Nottingham (Mapperly?) have an outage
> this morning about 2:45am? I lost my long-held IP address - most annoying!

Not Nottingham, but the same thing happened in Loughborough (which hangs
off the Shepshed UBRs) last week. I'd had the same IP address for almost
three years, so it was very annoying.

Maybe this is a rolling UBR software/hardware update, or onward
bandwidth increase in preparation for everyone being bumped to 10 Mbps
eventually?

Oh dear - Did I say 10 Mbps? Must have dreamt that I spoke to an NTL
engineer about that then :)

Graeme