[Nottingham] NTL Nottingham Network Changes (& elsewhere?)

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Thu Apr 6 21:27:57 BST 2006

Martin wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I was clobbered today by NTL's broadband network replumbings, and my
> Linux box and modem didn't automatically recover.

Ooooops... Got techy carried away there...

More briefly:

If you lose your internet and it doesn't recover, just:

1: Switch off your cable modem and leave it off for a minute;
2: Switch it back on and wait for the "sync" and "rdy" lights to stay on
steady;
3: Reboot your Linux box (or Windows box).

You now should have a new IP address. You shouldn't need to reregister
or anything like that.

Good luck,

martin at ml1.co.uk