[Nottingham] Opensource + Official Views

paul at paulmellors.net paul at paulmellors.net
Fri Apr 7 08:49:19 BST 2006

I am thinking of writing an open letter to our Nottingham MP?s to find out
their views on opensource, especially in Schools, local government etc.  What
they use M$ or Mac?s, if there not using Linux why not?  Those type of
things, im starting to get interested in the reasons people use windows over
linux,  I know theres the usual arguments [Windows is easy to use, M$ gave us
millions of pounds to have there domination in our offices ;) ] but i thought
i?d try getting an official view.  So i?m going to write a letter to the
following:

Graham Allen - Nottingham North

John Heppell - Nottingham East

Alan Simpson - Nottingham South

I?m even thinkning of making this a WIKI letter so all persons interested can
view the letter and make any amendments or add things to it!  In fact here?s
the skeleton - http://www.paulmellors.net/nottslug/index.php/Letter_To_MP

Theres nothing there at the moment because im doing a little research but if
anyone wants to add anything, please just create an account and edit away.

Has anyone done anything like this before?