[Nottingham] ISP ADSL

Simon Huggins huggie at earth.li
Wed Apr 26 11:57:39 BST 2006

On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 12:59:35PM -0000, David Bottrill wrote:
> paul at paulmellors.net said:
> > Can any one suggest any decent ISP's that provide Business ADSL
> > connections in
> > Nottingham?
> >
> > At the moment i am using Griffin [512k].

What was wrong with Griffin out of interest?

> One thing to remember is that contention ratio is based on users for
> that ISP on your exchange. If you chose a small ISP you may be their
> only user on your exchange so you a virtually guaranteed a 1:1
> contention ratio.

I suspect many small ISPs use others for their central pipes (we do) so
I assume this then falls down there.

Another issue causing congestion at the moment is everything is
adjusting to the numbers of ADSL MAX lines and some ISPs are replanning
for more central pipes in order to satisfy the demand/contention they
are seeing.

Simon.

PS we don't pay Martin :)

--
UK based domain, email and web hosting ***/     "Emergency!  Emergency!  /*
http://www.blackcatnetworks.co.uk/     **/   There's an emergency going /**