[Nottingham] Introduction

Michael Erskine msemtd at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 22 09:07:27 BST 2006

On Monday 21 August 2006 21:29, richard wrote:
> Hello People, thought I'd introduce myself.
> I'm Richard, just joined the list, looking for linux support.

Hi Richard, you've come to the right place!

> I currently
> use Debian Sarge as my OS just upgraded from Mandrake 9.something. It is
> the first time I have used a deb based package and it seems to work very
> nicely with only a few odd glitches probably my fault for not understanding
> how it works.

We have lots of Debian users on board - any glitches in deb-based package
management are due to fluctuations in space-time continuity :) . Nah -
there's plenty wrong with Debian package management but it's still one of the
best ways of keeping things organised. There's some interesting package
management developments in the works - can't put my hands on a URL at the
moment sorry!

> Often if Nottingham so would like to meet up at one of the meetings.

Cool, the meetings are fun.

Regards,
Michael Erskine.

--
Electrocution, n.:
	Burning at the stake with all the modern improvements.