[Nottingham] Introduction

Michael Erskine msemtd at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 23 09:25:22 BST 2006

On Tuesday 22 August 2006 20:53, richard wrote:
> I had K-mail and GnuPG working very nicely together then I did apt-get
> dist-upgrade and suddenly nothing works. (Silly me)
> Kmail couldn't find  GnuPG to encrypt or sign the mail.
> GnuPG couldn't find the keys

One technique I've found useful when encountering problems after upgrade is to
create a new user - the new user gets the default config for your
applications. Then get the application feature working for the new user and
compare the config files. Sometimes an application config will change
dramatically between versions. An alternative is to move the application
config files to somewhere safe, configure the feature(s) and diff, but I find
the new user technique is easier to spot new config files.

Regards,
Michael Erskine.

--
To teach is to learn twice.