[Nottingham] Image list

Robert Ross rross at dmu.ac.uk
Fri Dec 1 12:13:11 GMT 2006

Hi Mike / Roger,

Thanks for the info on imagemagick.

> Imagemagick has a command line tool called identify. Running
> this gives:
>
> $identify /var/www/images/yourunion.gif
> /var/www/images/yourunion.gif GIF 761x87 761x87+0+0
> PseudoClass 128c 28kb 0.000u 0:01

Two problems (I think):
- I don't have Imagemagick :-) - it's an old machine and I would rather
keep it as 'clean and lean' as possible.
- Would this provide a list of all the images in the folder, or just one
at a time (which I can get via Konqueror).

I know this can be done via M$ which has an option in explorer to show
these details in it's file listing window.  Just thought there might be
a similar option via bash or Konqueror.

Cheers,

Robb