[Nottingham] RE: Re: Hardware sought (Chris Burton)

Chris Burton Chris at 7of9b.org
Mon Dec 4 11:16:40 GMT 2006

> yeah... had a look there a couple weeks ago. I'm building my own case,
> with
> 12V, KVM and ethernet rails built in - the boards'll be going in in
> aluminium
> modules with whatever storage allocated to each in the same module. What
> I'm
> ending up with is a low-power cluster with built-in redundancy.

Do you know how much current the nano's are likely to take? The EPIA-M ones
I was told needed 3A at 12V to the DC-ATX converter.

> Are you sure they are going to be powerful enough? I have one of the quad
> 800Mhz itx rack mounts from linitx.com and to be honest I didn't find them
> that powerful.
<snip>
> Ooh, got any pix? My email account's binary-friendly...

There's some on one of my servers hidden away:
http://mail.7of9b.org/~chris/pictures/2003-09-09/small-100_0127.JPG -
without any HDD
http://mail.7of9b.org/~chris/pictures/2003-10-19/small-100_0276.JPG - stuck
in the rack in HEX - prob why a PSU/MB failed ;)
(there's prob some more of it somewhere but I doubt any of the insides)

> Actually, I haven't configured a terminal server yet either; I'll likely
> get
> to that tonight.

I've had a WRAP.1E sat here a couple of months I wanted to get setup as a
router/firewall... hope your project gets finished a bit quicker than mine
take ;)

ChrisB.