[Nottingham] Kylix 3 on Mandriva 2006 futher down the line-ish

Tony Shaw skullduggery141 at nsworld.com
Sat Dec 9 15:46:37 GMT 2006

Roger Light wrote:
> On 08/12/06, Tony Shaw <skullduggery141 at nsworld.com> wrote:
>
>>  /usr/local/kylix3/bin/bcblin: relocation error:
>> /usr/local/kylix3/bin/libwine.borland.so: symbol errno,
>> version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference
>>
>>  The above may help some one as it is of know use to me as I can not
>> work
>> out what it dam well means :-)
>
> That is a help actually. If I see GLIBC_2.0 type errors that usually
> means you need to modify the LD_ASSUME_KERNEL environment variable -
> something I've picked up from using proprietry apps at work.
>
> So, from
> http://techheadaches.blogspot.com/2006/06/kylix-3-open-edition-on-linux-26.html
>
> :
>
> "After searching the net I found the solution to loading Kylix was to
> edit the startdelphi file and insert this on the very first line of
> the file:
>
> export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1"
>
> There is an explanation of LD_ASSUME_KERNEL for the curious at
> http://people.redhat.com/drepper/assumekernel.html
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Roger

I have tried that Roger and this time I get the following error messages
from both the BCB & Delphi sides:

/usr/local/kylix3/bin/bcblin: error while loading shared libraries:
libpthread.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

/usr/local/kylix3/bin/delphi: error while loading shared libraries:
libpthread.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I Have checked to see if these files exist and as far as I can tell they
do, so it looks as if I may not have things set-up right or something
like that.

Tony