[Nottingham] JDBC & CLASSPATH

Michael Erskine msemtd at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Dec 11 15:17:11 GMT 2006

On Monday 11 December 2006 14:46, Martin Garton wrote:
> > When trying to connect to MySQL via JDBC from OpenOffice I always get a
> > "Connection refused" message.  I've tried various user/password
> > combinations which I know are valid.
> > any clues ?
> Not from me I'm afraid.  I rarely use OpenOffice and didn't even know it
> had JDBC functionality.

OpenOffice Base has some kickass database query-building and table designing
tools. I use it to edit SQLServer databases from Linux using the jtds type4
jdbc driver.

Under OpenOffice you can set the classpath used by Base.

Regards,
Michael Erskine.

--
"... And remember: if you don't like the news, go out and make some of
your own."