[Nottingham] Installing distros via the WWW

Joshua Lock incandescant at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 08:36:01 GMT 2006

Morning list,

During Paul's great talk last night (thanks Paul!), Martin L asked
how long it will be until we can install Ubuntu by clicking a link a
web page.
I then (foolishly) opened my mouth stating that similar research was
already being done. I was wrong but the work that has been done is
similar. It enables users to create a custom netinstall boot image
using a web interface and download an ISO of said image.

I don't think it's quite as advanced as Martin L's dream but it's a
step in the right direction surely???

Best,

Josh

Joshua Lock