[Nottingham] Dedicated hosting

edam edam at waxworlds.org
Thu Jan 26 14:48:26 GMT 2006

Hi there.

It's a mailing-list lurker here...

Just wondering if any of you would be able to advise on linux
dedicated-server providers/packages? Do any of you use and would recommend
(or even personally run) a hosting company that offers dedicated servers?
What experience have you had when something's gone wrong? Are these
"unmetered" packages really as good as they look?

I've had a good look around the web and, for price, I just can't find
anything better than 1&1 (www.1and1.co.uk). They seem to offer a good, fast
machine on an unmetered (going through 100Mbps switch) connection. But
their customer services are *rubbish*! It took them a week to answer a
sales enquiry I made! Also, I'm quite keen on using local companies if
possible.

Anyone got any good, hard experience to offer?

--
  Edam (Wax Worlds)  -  www.waxworlds.org/edam