[Nottingham] Dedicated hosting

Simon Huggins huggie at earth.li
Thu Jan 26 17:03:45 GMT 2006

On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 02:31:32PM +0000, edam wrote:
> Just wondering if any of you would be able to advise on linux
> dedicated-server providers/packages? Do any of you use and would recommend
> (or even personally run) a hosting company that offers dedicated servers?

Well we (Black Cat Networks) do this.  See sig for URL.

> What experience have you had when something's gone wrong? Are these
> "unmetered" packages really as good as they look?

I would ask different providers what would happen if there was a
hardware fault.  Ensure you get a power cycler and serial console access
so if there is some hitch you are likely to be able to get back into the
box.

Simon.

--
[ "CATS. CATS ARE NICE." - Death, "Sourcery"                           ]
        Black Cat Networks.  http://www.blackcatnetworks.co.uk/