[Nottingham] Getting Xgl to work

Paul Sladen notlug at paul.sladen.org
Tue Jul 4 23:23:34 BST 2006

On Mon, 3 Jul 2006, Paul Mellors wrote:
> Its wierd i've got XGL working using ubuntu dapper, but now i have suse
> linux enterprise desktop installed on my machine, it won't work,

Quod erat demonstrandum.

> go figure....[my card isn't officially supported...booo!]

Despite being called XGL and claiming to just use OpenGL it requires the
'GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap' extension to be added efficiently for each of
the cards to work.

ATI, NV, and i810 are the only cards that it realistically works on for the
moment.

	-Paul
--
High on a Spanish mountain, surrounded by howling dogs.  Southampton, GB