[Nottingham] Getting Xgl to work

Martin Garton martin at stupids.org
Tue Jul 4 23:41:41 BST 2006

On Tue, 2006-07-04 at 23:22 +0100, Paul Sladen wrote:

> Despite being called XGL and claiming to just use OpenGL it requires the
> 'GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap' extension to be added efficiently for each of
> the cards to work.
>
> ATI, NV, and i810 are the only cards that it realistically works on for the
> moment.

Does anyone know how well things are coming along with XGL using the
free xorg drivers? (i.e., not the nvidia or ati binary crap)

Last time I looked (a fair while ago) XGL wouldn't work on much using
the free drivers but I haven't looked since because I'm happily running
compiz with aiglx instead on all my hardware. (various radeons and an
i810)

--
Martin.