[Nottingham] Social: Next Weds or Thurs - what do people want?

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Thu Jul 27 13:09:30 BST 2006

ForkBombFluf wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Jul 2006, Michael Erskine wrote:

[---]
>> preferences of participants. Who'd like to recommend a food venue? I
[---]

> Oh yes!
>
> How to cause a domestic row in one fell swoop, ask the pair to agree on
> ... what should be had for supper.
>
> Well we are in some agreement at least;  anything but !@#$%^& Pizza Hut
> next to Cornerhouse! (Sorry Martin L.!)  Our cheap favorite is Subway,

That is indeed one of my favoured venues for all of perhaps 3 or 4 times
a year. I think it is more favoured by Michael S for being the nearest
source of plausibly good food for TuxGames!

Sorry but I'm not going to be seen in Subway and especially not for
their fast 'food'...

> ...  On the more traditional end we like Zizzi's
> Italian, http://www.zizzi.co.uk/zizzimenu.html And on the slightly zany
> and outrageous end we also like the Skinny Sumo
> http://www.skinny-sumo.co.uk/pageview8.asp?nav=Main%20Menu&cust=604

Good ideas. About time the hackers hacked into something more
adventurous than just chips!!

> Not tried Paul's suggestion, the Red Hot Buffet Shack, but we'd be happy
> to give that a go too!
>
> Either Wed or Thu are fine with us, by the way.

Go for it!

(How to start a flame-fest, or could this be a BBQ-feast? :-) )

martin at ml1.co.uk