[Nottingham] Social: Next Weds or Thurs - what do people want?

Duncan John Fyfe djf at star.le.ac.uk
Thu Jul 27 15:41:31 BST 2006

On Thu, 2006-07-27 at 15:20 +0100, Martin wrote:
> Duncan John Fyfe wrote:
> > On Thu, 2006-07-27 at 14:46 +0000, tim at inspiration7.co.uk wrote:
> [---]
> >>Subway just reminds me of queuing for school dinners.
> >

> > Well let us help you.   What food would you prefer ?
>
> Oooeeeeeer... Steady on now! Flame feasts R us? :-)

???

> > Italian, Pizza, Chinese, Japanese, Polish, Spanish , Thai , Indian ,
> > Turkish , Mexican , English , ... ?
>
> OK, so in Nottingham you can eat at a /different/ establishment for
> every day of the year and still have a few yet to try. Likely the full
> world cuisine is included somewhere!

But how far would you get through the year  before one of them
hospitalised you ?  365+ eateries maybe, but how many would you want to
eat in ?

> > The five *suggestions* on Paul's site are:
> > Skinny Sumo      == Japanese
> > The Buffet Shack == Mixed (Italian, Chinese, Indian, Thai) buffet.
> > Zizzi's          == Italian
> > Subway           == A sandwich
> > Pizza Hut        == Not very nice ;)
>
> Make a vote!
> http://www.paulmellors.net/
> Down a little and on the right hand side...
>

> We must get more healthy ya know! Can we try a litter farther afield and
> try something like 20 mins walk radius even?

Ok. Meet in/retire to Langtry's and eat in the Warsaw diner.

Isn't there a Caribbean restaurant on Canning Circus ?
Might be worth a try.

Have fun,
Duncan