[Nottingham] Social: Next Weds or Thurs - what do people want?

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Thu Jul 27 19:15:24 BST 2006

Duncan John Fyfe wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-07-27 at 15:20 +0100, Martin wrote:
>>Duncan John Fyfe wrote:
>>>On Thu, 2006-07-27 at 14:46 +0000, tim at inspiration7.co.uk wrote:
[---]
>>OK, so in Nottingham you can eat at a /different/ establishment for
>>every day of the year and still have a few yet to try. Likely the full
>>world cuisine is included somewhere!
>
> But how far would you get through the year  before one of them
> hospitalised you ?  365+ eateries maybe, but how many would you want to
> eat in ?

Well, you do have to be a little discerning depending on how
sensitive/fragile/discerning your stomach might be...

For those of student calibre, there should be enough establishments to
keep you differently fed for the full three years with never having to
discover a cooking device!

>>>The five *suggestions* on Paul's site are:
>>>Skinny Sumo      == Japanese
>>>The Buffet Shack == Mixed (Italian, Chinese, Indian, Thai) buffet.
>>>Zizzi's          == Italian
>>>Subway           == A sandwich
>>>Pizza Hut        == Not very nice ;)
>>
>>Make a vote!
>>http://www.paulmellors.net/
>>Down a little and on the right hand side...

Now top right corner. Keep on the votes!

>>We must get more healthy ya know! Can we try a litter farther afield and
>>try something like 20 mins walk radius even?
>
> Ok. Meet in/retire to Langtry's and eat in the Warsaw diner.

Errr... Isn't that for winter and snow and blizzards?...

> Isn't there a Caribbean restaurant on Canning Circus ?
> Might be worth a try.

Yes, I've noticed that. Now that could be fun. Do they do vegetarian?

martin at ml1.co.uk