[Nottingham] ***TODAY*** Weds 21st June - meeting

Michael Simms michael at tuxgames.com
Thu Jun 22 12:07:21 BST 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-22 at 11:48 +0100, Martin Garton wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-06-22 at 10:20 +0100, Michael Erskine wrote:
>
> > On another note: please refrain from top-posting - it's hurting my
> > sensibilities! (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_posting)
>
> Ah. Is this a follow-up to the comments last night about starting
> flamefests on the list?  :)
>
> (that said, I agree with you about top posting)

Personally I completely disagree. Adding information to the end is a
holdover from pen and paper when you added information afterwards
because you had no other choice... move with the times people {:-)

A reply at the top is easier to read in almost all circumstances cos you
don't have to scroll down to get it. You know what its about because you
have the title of the email and you've read its thread. Its also easier
to write as almost all mail composers start your cursor at the top.

Cooommme follow us into 21st century england where top posting is
allowed and people dont use punchcards or floppy discs any more! {:-)

Note the {:-) on paragraphes 1 and 3 for anyone who may take my mocking
too seriously. On the other hand, a more serious note is:

Jumping on a new member for something like that makes us look like a
group of completely anal anoraks, which probably doesn't do our image
much of a favour.

--
Michael Simms - CEO, Tux Games
http://www.tuxgames.com