[Nottingham] Nice Things About Suse Linux

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Tue Jun 27 21:18:13 BST 2006

Hazel Windle wrote:
[---]
> I even have a stuffed penguin on my desk named Tux that my grandma
> knitted me.

Good stuff!

We'll have to have a Tux photo-shoot at one of our meets :-)

And similarly so for distro choice, I'm still on the first distro that I
settled on some time ago although now a few versions further on. I guess
deep familiarity with this distro (Mandriva) makes for easy computering.

In contrast, for quick surfing or LAN bashing, I'm happy with any of a
number of different distros. In that instance, it's just a question of
which boots up the most reliably and quickest for whatever hardware.

Next distro experimenting is going to be Gentoo and/or custom kernel
compiling.

Mmmm... Who's on for a distro shoot-out?

Have fun,

martin at ml1.co.uk