[Nottingham] [Talk] This Wed 15/03/2006 - Ubuntu and Mac OS X

Joshua Lock incandescant at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 15:28:36 GMT 2006

On Tue, 2006-03-14 at 15:15 +0000, karlryan.public at tiscali.co.uk wrote:
> I was going to put something like that myself but I had to go out (I do have
> a life outside of Linux) and this is the first time I've been able to get
> at my e-mail. Of course, you're absolutely right. People do not like to be
> recorded and thus nobody would give any talks.

I would allow a recording of me! I know how silly I sound but I wouldn't
mind too much...

> Even if we did make podcasts,
> nobody would turn up for the meetings because there are podcasts available
>  (this is an issue in relation to webcasted lectures at universities) and
> then because there are probably better podcasts than the ones we would be
> able to do then people would stop listenning in all together and that would
> be the end of the group.

I can understand the reluctance and I agree with the points made.

I think we first need to get peoples slides put up on the site and see
if we can manage to keep that going? I will happily have my slides put
online although I will need to check the image copyrights first :D